I am on the hunt for the Chicago Public School (CPS) cookies. I found this recipe and gave it a try. This is a super easy recipe and the cookies are good, but not quite the ones I am looking for. My family did love these and I was able to make these in 20 minutes excluding cooking time, so this is a great cookie. I got this from Food.com.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (I did not do)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar (optional) (I did not do)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour gradually.
- Using a small cookie scoop, roll dough into balls and slightly flatten on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar if desired.
- Bake until golden brown (approximately 12-15 minutes.
Makes about 2 dozen.