Here is a new recipe I made with cabbage. It is an easy recipe that can be made after work and the family will love. I also made a video on how I put this soup together that is posted on my channel which I will leave the link below. I hope you try and enjoy.
1 pound sausage ½ chicken ½ kielbasa (cut into pieces)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup carrots diced
1 cup celery diced
1 medium head of cabbage chopped
3 tsp minced garlic
6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 cups water
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 bay leaf
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven pot add the oil and let heat then add in the sausages and cook over medium-heat until lightly brown for about 5-6 minutes. Make sure to stir the meat so it don’t burn. Once they are done remove from pot and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- In the same oil add the carrots, celery and cook for about 5 minutes. Then add in the garlic and stir until well combined for about 2 to 3 minutes. Keep stirring the vegetable so the garlic don’t burn.
- Now add in the stock, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, cooked sausage, and cabbage and stir to combine.
- Let the soup cook until it comes to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat down to medium-low and cover.
- Let the soup cook until the cabbage is tender.
- Give the soup a taste to check for seasoning. Add any if needed at this time.
Note: Any type of sausage will work, or none at all.