Here is a new recipe that I tried. I was looking for an easy pasta recipe to make on Pinterest and came across this one. I didn’t have the noodles it asked for so I substituted the noodles with that I could find at my local store which was spiral pasta.
The full recipe is below along with the original web site I found this recipe on.
The flavors of this recipe were amazing. My family loved this and this is now a keeper for us.
• Olive oil
• 4 spicy Italian sausage links, casings removed
• 1 large onion, quartered and sliced thinly
• 1 ½ teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
• 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
• 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
• 1 orange bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
• 4 cloves of garlic
• ½ cup white wine
• 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
• 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, julienned, divided use
• 8 ounces spiral pasta, uncooked
Place a large pan add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Once the oil is hot, cook the spicy Italian sausage.
When the sausage is done remove it and put and paper towel to remove any access grease.
Then, add the sliced onion into the pan with the sausage drippings, and Start to caramelize the onions.
Once the onion starts to become golden, add the salt, Italian seasoning and cracked black pepper, and stir to combine, then add in the sliced bell peppers, and allow those to saute with the onion for about 2 minutes until slightly tender and golden;
Add in the garlic, and once it becomes aromatic, add in the white wine and allow it to reduce for a few moments, until almost completely reduced;
Add in the diced tomatoes with their juice, and return the browned Italian sausage back into the pan, and gently fold the mixture to combine; allow it to gently simmer for about 3-4 minutes to blend the flavors, then turn the heat off;
Prepare the spiral pasta according to instructions on package. Once pasta is drained add them directly into the sauce, using tongs to gently toss and combine the pasta with the sauce and all of the ingredients. Check for seasoning at this time.
When you serve, add equal portions of the “Drunken” pasta to bowls, and garnish of parmmesan cheese.
original Source: The Cozy Apron.com