Hi Guys, I have another Pinterest recipe find. I was looking for something for breakfast that would be great to grab and go, but had the ingredients that are needed to start you day off right.
These muffins are great and they are so good for those mornings on the grab and go, and if you eat two you won’t feel guilty as they are healthy muffins.
1½ cups large rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour (60%. You can use all-purpose flour if you prefer)
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
4 tbsp. vegetable oil
6 tbsp. sugar
⅔ cup milk
1 cup mashed ripe banana
1 cup grated unpeeled apple (approximately one large apple)
- Mix together the oatmeal, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Beat together the eggs. Oil and sugar until fluffy.
- Blend in the milk.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and when the flour is almost incorporated fold in the mashed banana and grated apple.
- Do not over mix. Fold in only until the fruit is mixed through the batter.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Best served warm.
original Source: Rockrecipes.com