Hi guys, here is a easy and delicious recipe for you. I make this recipe right before I started work and it was so easy and quick to do. I see this on WW and it sounded good, so I of course added my touches to this recipe and wonderful it was.
I wasn’t sure if my family would like two kinds of beans in a soup, but they seem not to mind it and in fact they loved this recipe. The only points really on this recipe is the meat portion, but if you use turkey or a low fat sausage that would be even better. You can also turn this into a vegetarian soup by omitting the meat and use vegetable broth instead of chicken.
Leftovers are even better on this dish. The next day I had this for lunch and the flavors really shined the next day. This recipe is a keeper for my family.
Crockpot Smoked Sausage and Beans Soup (WW Friendly)
- 2 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 16 oz smoked sausage cut into pieces
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans or 1 1/2 cups fresh cooked pinto beans
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 tsp minced onion optional
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 14 oz can roasted diced tomatoes with juice
- In a 6-quart crockpot add in all ingredients and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Serves 8 using 1 cup measurements5 blue points