Hi guys, have a new recipe that I tried for you. If you have been following me then you know I am always trying to find something new, tasty for chicken. This recipe is common but I needed to put my own touch to it.
When it comes to casseroles my husband is not a big fan, but if I make it how I think he would enjoy it then I know he will eat it. I had to make sure to make this casserole creamy and full of flavor which is what I did. This recipe was not only good tasting but also very easy to make. The ingredients used are ones we all have on hand already so no extra cost really needed.
This recipe is easy enough to make on a work night for dinner. What I try to do weekly is have all my meal prep work done over the weekend, so when dinner needs to be made after work I already have most of the work done. The prep work for this recipe don’t take long to do, so that is what makes this a great work night meal.
Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 1/2 package egg noodles
- 2 1/2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp dry minced onions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar 1 cup for top of casserole
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs for topping
- 1 stick butter melted for topping
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Pre-heat oven 350 degreesCook noodles per package directions.In a medium bowl mix together the soup, mayo, minced onions, 1 cup of cheese, and broth until well combined. Add in chicken and stir well. Then add in the cooked noodles and make sure all ingredients are well combined. In an 8×8 baking dish put in the chicken and noodles and spread out evenly in baking dish. Put the remainder of the cheese on top. Mix together the melted butter and panko breadcrumbs and sprinkle on top cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. Serves 4
I also have a video on how I made this on my channel. Feel free to check it out too.