These are another favorite cookie in my house. I found this recipe in the same book at the Chocolate Chip cookies “Sweet Maria’s Cookie Jar”. These are easy to make and they go very quickly.
½ pound butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups oats
1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In an electric mixer; cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light. Add vanilla and eggs. Mix until well blended. On low speed, add flour, salt, and baking powder. Add oats and raisins. Mix just until blended.
- Drop cookies from a teaspoon onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet, spacing each 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven. Using a metal spatula, remove cookies from the cookie sheet and place on a wire cooling rack. Cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container.