I have been making these chocolate chip cookies for over 7 years now. I found this recipe in “Sweet Maria’s Cookies Jar” recipe book and they are great. This is a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe but it is the best.
½ pound butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/14 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2/12 cups chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In an electric mixer, on medium speed, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light. Add vanilla, and eggs. Mix until well blended.
- On low-speed, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix just until blended.
- Stir In chocolate chips and nuts
- Drop dough from a teaspoon onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove cookies sheet from the oven. Using a metal spatula, remove cookies from the cookie sheet and place on a wire cooling rack. Cool on wire racks. Store cookies in an airtight container.