We we did some baking over the weekend and made some sugar cookies. I found this recipe on The Barefoot Baker web site so go check that site out too.
I made the family decorate 3 each so this is what the did.
* 2 sticks (8 ounces) of unsalted butter, softened
* 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 4 cups (17 ounces) of All-Purpose Flour
* Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
* Begin by placing the flour in a bowl and set it aside.
* Place butter in a bowl and beat until smooth.
* Add the sugar and mix until combined.
* Add eggs one at a time mixing well in between each addition.
* Add the vanilla, salt and baking powder and mix
* Mix in the flour one cup at a time and mix just until the ingredients are combined.
* Divide the dough into 3 discs and roll each one out on a mat. Freeze for 10-15 minutes and cut out your cookie shapes and bake 6-9 minutes.