For this week I made some delicious Oatmeal raisin cookies. I’ve been making these for some years and they are one of my husbands favorite cookies I make. I got the recipe from Sweet Maria’s Cookie Jar.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
½ pound butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups oats
1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In an electric mixer; cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light. Add vanilla and eggs. Mix until well blended. On low-speed, add flour, salt, and baking powder. Add oats and raisins. Mix just until blended.
- Drop cookies from a teaspoon onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet, spacing each 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven. Using a metal spatula, remove cookies from the cookie sheet and place on a wire cooling rack. Cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container.