Hi guys, yes I am still baking cookies. I am about done with cookies and will be moving on another sweet treat. I got this cookie recipe from SweetSugarbelle.com.
These cookies were fun to make and can be made anytime of the year. These were made for Christmas (I know I’m late) but I wanted to share with you what we did in our house. I hope you like and give them a try.
- 1 c (two sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c confectioner’s (powdered) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract
- 2 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c rainbow jimmies (or non-pariels)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar and whip until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and extracts and mix until well combined.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder then add to the wet mixture one cup at a time until the dry ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Add sprinkles and mix until just combined.
- Divide the dough into evenly sized pieces and roll out on lightly floured parchment paper to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 7-9 minutes until done
recipe source SweetSugarbelle.com.