This is my version of Mexican rice.
3 cups of white rice
2 tbsp. oil
½ tsp. Cumin
½ tsp. Chili powder
½ cup of water
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. powder chicken bouillon
1-½ cups of chicken broth
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- Heat the oil in a medium to large size pan on medium / high heat for 1 to 3 minutes. Then add the rice to the pan and stir to coat rice with the oil.
- Begin toasting the rice for about 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly brown. Starring constantly so rice don’t burn.
- Then add in your tomato sauce and stir to coat rice. Then add in all of the seasonings, including the powder chicken bouillon, and stir to combine.
- Then add in the chicken broth and water stirring all ingredients until well mixed.
- Bring to a boil and reducing the liquid. Once the liquid is reduced, cover rice a lid and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes or until rice is soft.
Rice is ready to serve