Hi Guys, this is a new recipe that I wanted to try. I had Goulash when I was a child and it was just so good. I have been searching for some time now to find the right Hungarian Goulash to cook for my family, and this is what I came up with.
When making this recipe I forgot the sour cream so I just left it out, but the flavors were still there.
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 large yellow onions, diced
3 lbs. stewed beef
5 tbsp. paprika
1 tbsp. tomato paste
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tbsp. flour
Water to cover
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Sour Cream
1 tsp. steak seasoning
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
- Warm the oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook them for about 2 minutes.Then add in the beef along with the steak seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder. Cook the meat until it is brown on the outside. About 10 minutes.
- Add in the paprika and stir until the meat is covered. Then add the flour and tomato paste.Stirring until the liquid is absorbed.
- Now add water enough to cover the meat. Make sure to stir well removing any lumps from the flour.
- At this time add in salt and pepper if you like. Bring to a boil, and then cover and simmer on low for about two hours.
- Once the sauce has thickened and meat is tender this is ready to be served.
Serve over egg noodles
Origanal source: Mooshu Jenne.com