This is a new recipe that I tried. I was looking to some pasta dishes to make and this one popped up. This was easy inexpensive and very good. This recipe is a winner in my house.
I made two batches of this and froze one for a later time. I love when I can put away a meal for later. It just make life so much easier after a long work day.
1 lb. lean ground beef
1-cup onion, chopped
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (32 ounce) jar meatless sauce
1-cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 (16 ounce) package Ziti pasta, cooked and drained
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven at 350
- In a large skillet – heat oil and cook onions for 8 minutes than add garlic and cook for one minute. Add beef and cook till no longer pink (drain excess fat).
- Stir in sauce, chicken broth, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and oregano. Heat through.
- Stir 1 cup of sauce into the “cooked” ziti pasta.
- Place ½ of the ziti into a 13×9 baking dish.
- Place 1½ cup of mozzarella cheese and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
- Top with rest of sauce.
- Top with rest of pasta.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook till cheese is golden brown
Origanal source: www.budgetsavvydiva.com